Pages


Thursday, May 31, 2012

Font




1) The name of the font is Ribbons, because I think it looks very wisty, like ribbons formed to make words.
2) The style of my font is more of a script type, so all twisty and curly, not like a serif or one of those plainer fonts.
3) My inspiration was my handwriting, the font is actually a cruder form of a font that I've developed for my own signature and when I need to write "fancier" since my plain old printing is pretty messy.
4) It reflects my personality in that it's very fun and creative, and more than a little messy, like me. It's also kind of fancy, and I like the scriptyness of those types of fonts.
5) My biggest struggle was making the letters exactly the way I pictured them. If you asked me to draw them all out, I could do it no problem, but the computer made it much more difficult, because I couldn't get the thinness of the lines right, or the way the curves really curve or lines intersect. It was a nightmare, actually, trying to make them just they way they're supposed to be. I don't think I succeeded.
6) My biggest success was my letter K. That was the only letter that really came out the way it was supposed to.
7) A second font would be more spiky with straighter lines, so I don't have to deal with curves. I would call it Slasher, since it's kind of inspired by horror films. I wish I would've done that font instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment